Finally, after nearly a four-month delay, the 2020 MLB season will get underway Thursday evening with a prime-time double-header.
Better late than never
The Washington Nationals will finally get to celebrate their World Series title from 2019 when they host the New York Yankees on Thursday evening.
While it will be odd hitting the field in front of an empty stadium, the Nats will be looking to repeat as World Champions this fall.
Both New York and Washington have high hopes coming into this 60-game sprint to the postseason. However, with the limited schedule in place, every game is a big one!
Tonight two of the best pitchers in baseball will square-off when Washington’s Max Scherzer faces off against New York’s Gerrit Cole.
Schedule, Odds, TV Start Times
Thursday’s action will consist of just two games – the Yankees taking on the Nationals at 7 p.m. ET followed by the Giants vs. Dodgers at 10 p.m. ET.
For New York, Gerrit Cole will make his debut in Pinstripes after signing with the Bombers this offseason. Cole finished 20-5 with a 2.50 ERA and 326 strikeouts in 2019.
Max Scherzer, who finished 11-7 with a 2.92 ERA and will be on the bump for Washington. Scherzer finished 2019 with an 11-7 record to go along with his 2.92 ERA and 243 K’s.
This game could be an instant classic!
The second game on the evening will feature the heavy NL favorite LA Dodgers hosting the San Francisco Giants.
After signing Mookie Betts to a record deal earlier this week, it is World Series or bust for Los Angeles.
Here is your Opening Dy schedule, along with the best bets on the board!
Thursday, July 23
- New York Yankees at Washington Nationals
- San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Dodgers
Friday, July 24
- Atlanta Braves at New York Mets (-126) 4 p.m. — ESPN
- Detroit Tigers at Cincinnati Reds (-183) 6:10 p.m.
- Toronto Blue Jays at Tampa Bay Rays (-175) 6:40 p.m.
- Miami Marlins at Philadelphia Phillies (-200) 7 p.m. — ESPN
- Kansas City Royals at Cleveland Indians (-210) 7:05 p.m.
- Milwaukee Brewers at Chicago Cubs (-110) 7:10 p.m.
- Baltimore Orioles at Boston Red Sox (-195) 7:30 p.m.
- Colorado Rockies at Texas Rangers (-130) 8:05 p.m.
- Minnesota Twins at Chicago White Sox (-110) 8:10 p.m.
- Pittsburgh Pirates at St. Louis Cardinals (-170) 8:15 p.m.
- Seattle Mariners at Houston Astros (-265) 9:10 p.m.
- Arizona Diamondbacks at San Diego Padres (-134), 9:10 p.m.
- Los Angeles Angels at Oakland Athletics (-131) 10 p.m. — ESPN
Picks — Parlay — Tigers +1.5, NY Mets, Phillies
Best straight play – Phillies