College Football is back! The Big Ten schedule for Week 1 gets underway this Thursday, September 1, with two games under the lights. Penn State travels to Purdue to face the Boilermakers, while Minnesota will host New Mexico State.
In uncharacteristic form for the Big Ten, the Week 1 schedule continues on Friday with two games followed by a nice slate of seven games on Saturday.
Will a team outside of Michigan or Ohio State win the Big Ten? Can a team from the Big Ten win the NCAA Title? Which team will surprise and who will disappoint? All of these questions will be answered as the season unfolds – and we will be here covering it!
As the season moves forward, we will go more in-depth each week, breaking down games, stats, and of course the latest odds. However, for Week 1, we are focusing on what we always put first here – picking winners!
Here is your Week 1 schedule, latest odds, and our best bets. Have a great Labor Day weekend, enjoy a day off hanging with family and friends – and let’s make a few extra bucks in the process!
Thursday, September 1
- Penn State (-3.5) at Purdue 8:00 pm FOX
- New Mexico State at Minnesota (-35.5) 9:00 pm BTN
Friday, September 2
- Western Michigan at 15 Michigan State (-21) 7:00 pm ESPN
- Illinois at Indiana (-1) 8:00 pm FS1
Saturday, September 3
- Buffalo at Maryland (-24) 12:00pm BTN
- Colorado State at 8 Michigan (-30) 12:00pm ABC
- Rutgers at Boston College (-7) 12:00pm ACCN
- South Dakota State at Iowa (OFF) 12:00pm FS1
- North Dakota at Nebraska (OFF) 3:30 pm BTN
- Illinois State at 18 Wisconsin (OFF) 7:00 pm FS1
- 5 Notre Dame at 2 Ohio State (-17.5) 7:30 pm ABC
Picks – Purdue +3.5, Illinois +1, Notre Dame +17.5