2023 NFL Coach of the Year Odds Revealed: Lions Dan Campbell, Broncos Sean Payton Lead Way
Detroit Lions head coach Dan Campbell said from the minute he was hired back in Jan. of 2021 that the “Same Ol Lions” stigma would change under his watch. After finishing 3-13-1 in his first year as the Lions head coach, Detroit greatly improved in year number two ending the season with a 9-8 mark. While 9-8 may not sound impressive, believe me when I say – it was.
The Lions finished the final 10 games on an 8-2 run and just missed making the playoffs. In fact, most NFL experts believed if Detroit would have gotten into the postseason they would have been the team that no one wanted to face – and for good reason.
The Lions were one of the highest-scoring teams in the NFL in 2022, and their defense, led by several rookies and second-year players, was improving quickly. For those reasons and many more, sportsbooks have taken notice of Detroit and Dan Campbell well ahead of the 2023 campaign.
Not Your SOL
For a team that hasn’t been to a Super Bowl in its long history, most fans who love the Lions were skeptical of Dan Campbell’s now-famous opening bravado speech when he was introduced as the Lions new HC. After all, Lions fans have heard that company line from dozens of coaches for the past 30 years.
However, DC clearly walks to a different tune – and more importantly, his team has bought into his song. The Lions odds to win the 2024 Super Bowl are the best preseason odds they have had in decades. Now, it is Campbell himself getting praise from sportsbooks as the NFL future wagers for next season’s “Coach of the Year” odds are trickling out.
Dan Campbell early favorite for 2023 NFL Coach of the Year
Heading into 2023, all eyes will be on Sean Payton. Payton bolted from FOX Sports after just one season to take the head spot in Denver.
According to odds released this week by Caesars Sportsbook, Payton is second on the list at +1200, however, it is his former assistant HC, Dan Campbell leading the way.
Campbell is the early favorite to take home the 2023 Coach of the Year award at +1100. Behind Campbell and Payton are two newly hired coaches in Houston’s DeMeco Ryans and Carolina’s Frank Reich.
Lions fans love their leader but they don’t care about awards. If DC took the Lions to the Super Bowl and brought home a Lombardi Trophy, he would forever be “the man” to all football fans in the Motor City!
Below is a look at the entire list of odds to win the 2023 NFL Coach of the Year award.
- Dan Campbell, Detroit Lions — +1000
- Sean Payton, Denver Broncos — +1200
- Frank Reich Carolina Panthers +1600
- DeMeco Ryans, Houston Texans — +1600
- Robert Saleh, New York Jets — +2000
- Matt Eberflus, Chicago Bears — +2000
- Pete Carroll, Seattle Seahawks — +2000
- Mike McDaniel, Miami Dolphins — +2000
- Brandon Staley, Los Angeles Chargers — +2000
- Shane Steichen, Indianapolis Colts — +2000
- Doug Pederson, Jacksonville Jaguars — +2000
- Arthur Smith, Atlanta Falcons — +2000
- Jonathan Gannon, Arizona Cardinals +2500
- Brian Daboll New York Giants — +2500
- Kevin Stefanski, Cleveland Browns — +2500
- Zac Taylor, Cincinnati Bengals — +2500
- Kevin O’Connell, Minnesota Vikings — +2500
- Matt Lafleur, Green Bay Packers — +2500
- John Harbaugh, Baltimore Ravens — +2500
- Nick Sirianni, Philadelphia Eagles — +2500
- Bill Belichick, New England Patriots — +3000
- Mike Vrabel, Tennessee Titans — +3000
- Josh McDaniels, Las Vegas Raiders — +3000
- Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh Steelers — +3000
- Andy Reid, Kansas City Chiefs — +3000
- Dennis Allen, New Orleans Saints — +3000
- Ron Rivera, Washington Commanders — +3000
- Mike McCarthy, Dallas Cowboys — +3000
- Sean McDermott, Buffalo Bills — +3000
- Kyle Shanahan, San Francisco 49ers — +3000
- Sean McVay, Los Angeles Rams — +3000
- Todd Bowles, Tampa Bay Buccaneers — +4000