The NFL is back! Pigskin fans rejoiced this past Thursday night as a new NFL season officially got underway when the defending champion Kansas City Chiefs took on the much-improved Detroit Lions.
The Lions shocked the NFL world when they defeated the defending Super Bowl champs by the final score of 21-20. Here at Sports Odds Digest, Detroit winning in KC wasn’t that much of a surprise to us. Not only did we love the Lions plus the points, but we also mentioned how dropping a bit on the Lions on the money line was a smart play. As you can see below, we did just that!
Our only regret – not wagering earlier in the week when Detroit was listed at +220.
Whoohoo!! #Lions on the $$$line!
We aren’t wasting any time. It’s a new season with tons of questions that need answers. Will the Chiefs repeat as Super Bowl champs? Can the Lions live up to the hype and win their first division since 1991? Is this the year Josh Allen leads the Bills to their first Lombardi Trophy in team history? Will Aaron Rodgers be the first Jets QB since the great Joe Namath to bring the J-E-T-S faithful a World Championship?
NFL Week 1 Schedule, Odds, Picks
Only time will answer these aforementioned questions. As for now, let’s focus on Week 1, and make some more money! Here is the Week 1 schedule, current odds and our best bets.
Thursday, Sept. 7
Detroit Lions at Kansas City Chiefs (-4.5), 8:20 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Sept. 10
- Carolina Panthers at Atlanta Falcons, (-3) 1 p.m. (FOX)
- Houston Texans at Baltimore Ravens, (-10) 1 p.m. (CBS)
- Cincinnati Bengals (-2.5) at Cleveland Browns, 1 p.m. (CBS)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (-4) at Indianapolis Colts, 1 p.m. (FOX)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Minnesota Vikings, (5.5) p.m. (CBS)
- Tennessee Titans at New Orleans Saints, (-3) 1 p.m. (CBS)
- San Francisco 49ers (-2.5) at Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m. (FOX)
- Arizona Cardinals at Washington Commanders (-7) , 1 p.m. (FOX)
- Green Bay Packers (-1) at Chicago Bears, 4:25 p.m. (FOX)
- Las Vegas Raiders at Denver Broncos, (-3.5) 4:25 p.m. (CBS)
- Miami Dolphins at Los Angeles Chargers, (-3) 4:25 p.m. (CBS)
- Philadelphia Eagles (-3.5) at New England Patriots, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)
- Los Angeles Rams at Seattle Seahawks, (-4.5) 4:25 p.m. (FOX)
- Dallas Cowboys (-3.5) at New York Giants, 8:20 p.m. (NBC)
Monday, Sept. 11
Buffalo Bills (-2.5) at New York Jets, 8:15 p.m. (ESPN/ABC)
Ravens -10, Steelers +2.5, Bears +1, Seahawks -4.5, Jets +2.5
10-point take it to the bank teaser
- Ravens – PICK
- Steelers +12.5
- Browns +12.5
- Seahawks +5.5
Dog of the Week – Detroit Lions moneyline